10 Most Dangerous Places in the World for Shark Attacks
You might think that these waters would keep surfers away.
10. Papua New Guinea– 49 shark attacks and 25 fatalities since 1925 off the Island of New Guinea’s Eastern coastline.
9. South Carolina, USA 61 shark attacks and two fatalities since 1837 on this eastern Atlantic coastline.
8. Northern California, USA- 96 shark attacks and 7 fatalities since 1926 have occurred in California”s Northern Pacific coastline. Between Point Reyes and Monterrey Bay also known as “Red Triangle.” Today there has been great white sightings as big as 14ft.
7. Brazil: 101 attacks and 23 fatalities since 1931. Most of these 89 attacks and 21 of 23 fatalities all occurred in Recife a tiny beach town . One out of every three attacks in Recife are fatal.
6. Brevard County, Florida: Of the 71 attacks in the world in 2007 , 32 of them happened in Florida. Florida has so many attacks that it warrants two spots on this list. Keep reading.
5. Queensland, Australia: Since 1700 103 attacks and 38 fatalities have occurred off Queensland’s eastern coast.
4. Hawaii: 113 attacks have occurred off the island of Oahu and three fatalities off Maui since 1882.
3. New South Wales, Australia: 140 attacks and 61 fatalities since 1700 also have occurred off Australia’s eastern state’s coastline.
2. South Africa: 214 attacks and 42 fatalities in the past 100 years. This does not keep surfers away from South Africa’s waters.
1. Volusia County, Florida: As we mentioned 214 of Florida’s attacks and 42 fatalities all happened in Volusia County Florida.
There you have it, the ten most dangerous places for shark attacks in the whole world!
See you at the beach!!